Polaris will take place at the Sheraton Parkway North Toronto Convention Centre at 600 Highway 7 East (east of Highway 404 – directions) on July 6-7-8, 2012.
To book your hotel room for either the Sheraton Parkway or the Best Western call (905) 881-2121 or 1-800-668-0101. Unfortunately, you cannot make your reservation online.
While room vacancies exist, the cut-off date to get the Polaris rate is June 6, 2012. Don’t wait, make your reservation NOW!
After that date, the hotel will do its best to honour our rates but there is no guarantee there will be any rooms of any kind available at our rates.
|Standard (2 Double beds)||$139*||$139*||$154*||$169*|
|Standard (2 Double beds)||$109*||$109*||$124*||$139*|
*Prices subject to applicable taxes.
Standard rate rooms include:
We’ve arranged with the hotel that you can guarantee your reservation to a credit card, or you can call and make a reservation without a credit card.
With a credit card – they’ll ask you for the credit card info when you make your reservation but they will not do anything on your card until you check in; they won’t check to see if there are funds on it right now, nor will they try to put any kind of hold on any funds on it right now. They ask for the card information to guarantee you a room when you arrive, if you arrive after 4:00 pm; if you don’t show up and don’t call to cancel, they’ll put a night’s fee on the card at that time.
When you check in, they’re going to put a hold of $50 PER DAY for EVERY DAY YOU’RE STAYING at the hotel for incidentals (room service, in-room movies, mini-bar, etc.); if you don’t use any of that money by the time you check out, the hold will be released and the money will be available on your card again (can sometimes take up to a week). If you do use some of that money , whatever you don’t use by the time you check out will be released back onto your card. This is standard operating procedure for every hotel.
Without a credit card – you can make a reservation without a credit card, but please note that if you aren’t checked in by 4:00 pm, they will release the room and you might be out of luck getting a room if they’re sold out.
If you’re paying cash for your room, you’ll be expected to pay an extra $50 PER DAY for EVERY DAY YOU’RE STAYING at the hotel in cash for incidentals. (example: staying 3 nights will require a $150.00 deposit at check-in) Whatever you don’t use will be handed back to you in cash when you check out.
You can also do a combination of these things – make your reservation using a credit card, but then pay in cash when you get there if you want.
You must mention Polaris when booking your room in order to receive the
convention room rate.
- If you’ve booked your room before this info was posted (especially if you were told that Polaris was not in the computer yet), then you should contact the hotel. Don’t forget to mention you are attending Polaris.
- People looking for suites for parties should email the Polaris Hotel Liaison after booking your room. Suites can be booked at varying rates (call the hotel for specifics on rooms and configurations).
- Free indoor and outdoor Parking is available.
- Guests to the Sheraton Parkway Toronto North / Best Western Parkway must provide a valid credit card to the hotel upon registration as deposit to cover any extra expenses that might be incurred for the room such as mini-bar, in-room movies, room service etc. If a guest is unable to provide the hotel with a credit card a deposit in cash per day of stay will be required instead. This policy is non-negotiable and any unused amount will be refunded at the end of the guest’s stay. All guests paying in cash must have this deposit ready upon check-in at the front desk.
- All members staying at the hotel are reminded that the checkout time is 11:00 AM. It’s greatly appreciated if you could checkout of your room on time or perhaps earlier to avoid last minute congestion at the front desk. Should you need it, luggage storage is available at no cost and is provided by Polaris on 8 Jul 2012 Times TBA.
- Late checkout may be available and needs to be arranged by contacting the front desk of the hotel. A fee may apply.
Before you call the hotel, we recommend you have the following information ready:
- your full credit card information
- what room type you want – see the list above
- when you plan to arrive and depart
Also, have a pen and paper ready to note the time, phone number, operator’s name and the confirmation number they will give you.
Food and Beverage Hours of Operation for Polaris 26:
Friday and Saturday 6:00am – 12:00am
Sunday 6:30am – 8:00pm
Cash and Carry
Friday – Closed
Saturday 11am – 9pm
Sunday 12pm – 5pm
Friday – Sunday 6:30am – 10:00pm
Breakfast 6:30am – 10:45am
Lunch 11:30am – 2:00pm
Dinner 5:00pm – 9:00pm
Friday and Saturday 11:30am – 2am (last call at 1:45am)
Sunday – 11:30am – 12:00am